How you start!
Before getting familiar with our Plone demo website, please ensure you logged in using the Log in link in the upper left corner, chosing one of the available roles:
- username: reviewer
- username: site-admin
- username: admin
Notice: This demosite is being reset to its original state regularly (around midnight CET). Please understand this is undoing all changes you may have made. If you wish to make substantial changes to this Plone site we can easily set up a testing site for your convenience.
After that, we suggest you do one or more of the following:
- Find out What's new in Plone.
- Read the documentation, especially the Documentation for content editors and Server setup recommendations.
- Explore the available add-ons for Plone.
- Read and/or subscribe to the support forums.
Make it your own
Plone has a lot of different settings that can be used to make it do what you want it to. Some examples:
- Try out a different theme, either pick from the included ones, or one of the available themes from plone.org. (Make sure the theme is compatible with the version of Plone you are currently using)
- Decide what kind of workflow you want in your site. (The default is a website-centric workflow, if you want to use Plone as a closed intranet, you should adjust your workflow settings accordingly)
- By default, Plone uses a visual editor for content. (If you prefer text-based syntax and/or wiki syntax, you can change this in the markup control panel)
- …and many more settings are available in the Site Setup.
We advise on introducing a website based on the content management system Plone. We are happy to share our experiences of methodologies and chosing the right services with you.
We can set up a test site on one of our servers or inhouse on your hardware. Such a test site includes the installation of a portal set up according to your specifications as well as a one-day workshop for administrators and editors. This way you are introduced to the system and may comprehensively try out the test site after the workshop. If applicable we can provide the employee portal branded or themed with your logo or corporate design. Do ask for a quote and an individual offer for this kind of requirement.
You are interested in a website based on Plone and would like to know beforehand how much it would be? On request we can do an estimation of time and effort for configuration, adaption and development.
You are interested in a Plone site and have further questions? Please contact us.
Thank you for trying out Plone. I hope you will be thrilled!
Sincerely, Veit Schiele